- Christian Bowers Jr. was Born ca 1769 and Died 3 Feb
1830 in Green Co., TN. He married Elizabeth Andes on 26 Nov 1795 in Rockingham
They had nine children.
Christian's marriage license to Elizabeth was signed in
German. He was Lutheran as was the case with most German
immigrants. Judging from the names of his sisters husbands they
were likely reared in German settlements marrying men of common
background and language.
Christian is first found in the 1810 Shenandoah Co., VA
census record with his wife and two females less than 10 years old.
His household appears numerically close to that of his father in
the census so we can assume they liver very near each
- Christian Bowers
- Jonas Bowers - Born 31 Aug 1796, Died 24 Dec 1839 in
Greene Co., TN. He married Elizabeth Rader. They had nine children
- 4th Generation
- William "Billy" Bowers - Born 11 Jul 1816, Died 29 Apr
1909 in Jackson Co., TN. He married Elizabeth C. "Betty" Hull. They
had seven children including:
- 5th Generation
- Nancy Elizabeth Bowers - Born 17 Oct 1847, Died 19 Feb
1915 in Overton Co., TN. She married George Washington Smith 24 Jun
1866. They had seven children.
- Lousina Caroline "Liza" Bowers - Born 11 Aug 1852 in
KY, Died 4 Oct 1921 in Overton Co., TN. She married first, David
Alexander Brown. They had three children. She married second, Dr.
Andrew Jospeh Reid in 1885. Four children were born in this
- Sam Hughlett Bowers - Born 24 Feb 1855, Died 22 Dec
1931 in Overton Co., TN. He married first, Mary Jane Masters on 7
Feb 1889. Six children were born in this union. He married second,
Amanda Pigg Gahart on 29 Feb 1912. Two children were born in this
- John Andrew "Andy" Bowers - Born 21 Jun 1868, Died 6
Feb 1952 in Monroe, Overton Co., TN. He married Rosa Minnie Elam
and they had nine children.
- Philipina Bowers - Born 16 Sep 1797. She married John Stine
- Regina Bowers - Born 16 Sep 1797. She married Daniel Knipp.
- Lydia Bowers - Born 1802
- Joel Bowers - Born 11 Nov 1803, Died 21 Mar 1853 in
Greene Co., TN. He married Elizabeth Freshour. They had thirteen
- Mary Ann Bowers - Born 15 Feb 1831, Died 7 Dec 1895.
She married Henry Rader on 3 Oct 1850. They had five
- Reuben Bowers - Born 9 Mar 1841, Died 21 Mar 1919. He
married first, Lavina Steele and they had five children including
the following two girls:
Reuben married second, Jennie Rader. They had four children
- Ida Bowers - Born 1877, Died 1966. She married Alfred
Newton Luttrell and they had four children.
- Bessie Lee Bowers - She married Charles Hubert Brumley
and they had six children.
- Herman McKinley Bowers - Born 1897, Died 1961. He
married Madge Kelton. They had one daughter.
- Guy Willis Bowers - Born 9 Sep 1898, Died 30 Aug 1978.
He married Pauline NcNew. They had three children.
- Edgar Fox Bowers - Born 20 Feb 1902, Died 17 Aug 1983.
He married Evelyn Baxter and they had two sons.
- James Hancher Bowers - Born 1848, Died 8 Jan 1912. He
married Sarah Lorinda Hull and they had eleven children.
- Susan Bowers - Born 20 Oct 1849, Died 30 Jul 1934. She
married Daniel Rader. Eight children were born to this
- Mary Bowers - Born 11 Nov 1805. She married Christian Bible Jr.
- Elizabeth Bowers - Born 9 Mar 1806, Died before 1849. She married Samuel
- John Bowers - Born 27 Jul 1809 and died 28 Dec 1875 in Greene Co,
TN. He married Susannah Bible, daughter of John Bible and Elizabeth
Pickle. She was born 30 Oct 1810 in Greene Co., TN and died 14 Mar
1882. Both were buried in Gum Springs Cem., Greene Co., TN. They
had four children including:
- 4th Generation
- David Bowers - Born 1835, in Greene Co., TN. He married Sarah Neptha
Penelope Bible on 8 Aug 1860. She was born 17 Oct 1837Elizabeth C. "Betty" Hull.
David was buried in Timber Ridge Cem., Greene Co., TN
- Catherine Bowers - Born 5 May 1837 in Greene Co., TN and died 1 Aug
1902 in Greene Co., TN. She married Henry Conway Smith on 28 Apr 1859.
He was born 28 Oct 1835 in Greene Co., TN. Catherine was buried in Timber
Ridge Cem, Greene Co., TN.
- Rufus Bowers - Born 25 Aug 1839 and died 1 Jun 1896, in Greene Co., TN. He married
Martha Ann O'Brien on 18 Jan 1862, daughter of James O'Brien and Melvina
Brown. She was born 2 May 1844. and died 20 Oct 1900 in Greene Co.,
TN Both buried in Sinking Springs Cem, Greene Co., TN
- Lafayette Bowers - Born 28 Oct 1847 and died 9 May 1886 in Greene Co., TN.
Christina Dobbelaere for the information on Christian Bowers Jr. family and all of the family of
Back To Christian Bowers Jr. |
Back To Bowers Family |
Back To Page Top | Back To
Bowers Family | Home